I love a good core workout. That being said, I am completely against 6 pack abs and bikini body trends. Only because they not justify your fitness level. You could have a pack of amazing abs, but if you are panting after 3 flights of stairs; those abs are of no good. To be honest thats just for show. Fitness is not for show. Doing 100 crunches to take that awesome bikini selfie in my opinion is just being silly. Don’t get me wrong , I take body selfies all the time. But to see my progress. I don’t intend to show off , I don’t intend to make others feel bad and I don’t do it for vanity. Fitness is not about that.
Being fit is a lifestyle choice not an instagram post
So fair warning before hand. This is not a post on – “HOW TO GET YOUR SUMMER BIKINI BODY READY or 6 WAYS TO 6PACK ABS”
These are simple easy to do anywhere core exercises. You can do these while watching TV , working or in bed.
Side note- If you want a bikini body. Wear a bikini and voila you have a bikini body !! Alright done for today
- If you have high blood pressure or any type of shoulder or back injury, do not attempt these
- If you are pregnant, have an ulcer, hernia do not attempt these
Let’s get these quickies started 🙂
A Toned Belly
Planking will help build your deep inner core muscles .
- Start by getting into a press up position.
- Bend your elbows and rest your weight onto your forearms and not on your hands.
- Your body should form a straight line from shoulders to ankles.
- Engage your core by sucking your belly button into your spine.
- Hold this position for the prescribed time.
- Do not lift your bottoms too high, nor drop it too low
2. Board (Kumbhakasana)
It burns belly fat while toning and strengthening the shoulders, arms, back, thighs and butt.
- Start with your hands and knees underneath your arms and shoulders.
- Tuck your toes under and step your feet back to extend your legs behind your body.
- Inhale while looking just ahead of your palms, so your neck and spine are aligned.
- Tighten your ab muscles and hold.
- Your body should form a straight line. Make sure your hands are flat on the ground and your fingers are spread apart.
- Hold for 15-30 seconds or as long as possible
- Repeat this pose five times with a rest time of at leas 15 seconds in between each pose.
3. Cobra Posture (Bhujang asana)
This pose can strengthen the ab muscles to reduce belly fat. It will also help to strengthen the upper body by creating a strong and flexible spine.
- Lie on your stomach with your legs stretched out and your palms positioned underneath your shoulders.
- Inhale slowly and raise your chest upward while bending backward.
- Depending on your strength, hold this pose for 15-30 seconds.
- Repeat 5 times with a rest time of 15 seconds in between each pose.
4. Boat Pose (Naukasana)
This pose will help to attack belly fat near the waist, while strengthening the muscles in the legs and back.
- Lie on your back with your legs stretched out but together, and your arms at your sides.
- Inhale and begin to raise your legs, keeping them straight.
- Stretch your feet and toes and raise your legs as high as you can without bending your knees.
- Lift your arms to reach your toes
- Keep breathing normally and hold this pose for 15 seconds.
- Release and exhale.
- Repeat this pose 5 times with a rest time of 15 seconds in between each pose.
- You can also pulse back and forth in this position like ab crunches
5. Bow Posture (Dhanurasana)
This pose will strengthen your core and tighten your abs to help reduce belly fat. Rocking back and forth in this pose will stimulate the digestive system and fight constipation, while allowing the body to stretch.
- Lie on your stomach with your legs stretched out and your arms at each side of your body.
- Bend at the knees and reach your arms back to your ankles or feet and hold.
- Inhale and lift your head, then bend it backward while lifting your legs as high as possible.
- Try to hold this pose for 15-30 seconds and keep breathing normally.
- Repeat at least 5 times with a rest time of 15 seconds in between each pose.
More core workouts coming out soon…